USDA Home Loans in MarylandU.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Guaranteed Rural USDA Loans are creating Maryland mortgage loan opportunities throughout Maryland with No Money USDA Loans and mortgages in Maryland rural communities and areas just outside of major metro areas. No money down, fixed interest rate, low mortgage insurance make this mortgage loan program most popular in Maryland.
The USDA Rural Development Loan Program offers first time homebuyers and move-up buyers:
- 100% Financed Mortgage, No Money Down, $0 Down Payment
- USDA Loans monthly mortgage insurance premiums are 59% lower than a comparable FHA Loan
- Flexible Credit Requirements
- Safe, Secure 30 Year Fixed Rate Mortgage
- No Maximum Loan Amount
- With Seller Help, No Out-Of-Pocket Closing Costs
- Most Property Types Allowed
- No appraisal report required and streamline approval process
- Property valuation not considered, refinance even if the house is worth less than the current mortgage
- Obtain an interest rate as low as 2.75% (3.042% APR)
- Skip up to two mortgage payments
- Roll in all closing costs and fees into the new loan
- Receive back from your current Loan Servicer a refund of the money held in your escrow account
- Refinance with our No Closing Cost option
Borrowers can now combine the benefits of the FHA 203k Renovation Loan with the cost savings of a USDA Loan using the new USDA Renovation Loan. USDA eligible borrowers can obtain one loan, to purchase a house and include a repair escrow budget to finance renovation and rehab projects (including major structural repairs), after the loan closes.
The USDA Loan program can now be used to finance a construction project, including purchasing land (if necessary), with no money down. The benefits of the USDA One-Time Close Loan include:
- No down payment requirements Vs. an average 20% down payment on a typical Construction-To-Perm Loan
- Lower cost by only having to close on the loan once
- Reduced interest rate risk by closing just one time on the loan
- No payment required during construction
- No requalification prior to moving into the house
USDA Announces Increased Income LimitsDate: May 1, 2020
Questions or Comments Regarding This Information?
The income limits for the USDA Guaranteed Rural Housing Program have increased for almost all Maryland Counties effective May 1, 2020. Income limits are based on the income for all adult (18 and over) household members, regardless of whether they will be a borrower on the loan. Maximum County income limits are based on a household size of 1 – 4 or 5 or more people residing in the household. USDA does allow for situations where the household income can exceed the maximum County income, based on certain parameters. Reference MarylandUSDA Income Calculator for an instant income evaluation on whether your income meets or exceeds USDA’s maximum County limits.
Maryland's USDA Guaranteed Loan Income Limits by County are as follows:
Remember that USDA does allow for the total household income to be higher than these income limits provided that certain adjustments or reduction to income can be made including:
- Documentable childcare expenses for children age 12 and under
- $480 per child for anyone under 18
- $480 for any student other then one of the applicants
- $400 for each disabled or handicapped individual who is not one of the applicants
- Medical expenses for any elderly family member